- About Quantrix
- Product Overview
- Quantrix Modeler
- The Quantrix Qloud
- In-Memory Analytics
- Enterprise Integration
- Sample Screenshots
- Customer Success
- Sample Models
- Learning Overview
- Video Demos
- Webinar Series
- Quick Guide
- Online Help
- Modeler Notes
- Mortgage Modification Modeler Note
- Election Tax Model
- Marketing Response Curve Model
- Pivoting Data
- Quantrix in Corporate Budgeting
- Using Expressions in Quantrix
- Performing a Sales Analysis
- Indirect() w/Capex & Depreciation
- Analyzing ARM vs. Fixed Mortgages
- Integrated Financials Models
- Leveraging the @ and # Operators
- Using Circular References
- Converting Spreadsheets to Quantrix
- Using Functions with Black-Scholes
- Using Statistical Functions
- Using Quantrix in Capital Budgeting
- Working with Scenario Categories
DataLink™ is an enterprise integration tool that allows organizations to link Quantrix models directly to data sources. "On-the-fly" updates make modeling environments even more dynamic and enable real-time business understanding. The business user can integrate models with existing databases, flat files, spreadsheets, matrices and all types of business applications via an easy-to-use Wizard - often without involving the IT department.
Business BenefitsDataLink represents a significant improvement over most spreadsheet-based data integration tools in terms of usability and feature richness. Quantrix Modeler allows you to build a planning model based on structured, historical data. DataLink allows you to update with actual data over time in order to dynamically compare 'planned' against 'actual' performance and then revise your forecast or budget. It's also robust and flexible - so changes to a datasource such as a new product will automatically be incorporated into your model. Field name changes are no problem either, DataLink simply keeps track of the new field name.
Technical FeaturesQuantrix offers five different data links:
- JDBC / ODBC Data Source – Using SQL queries, data can be retrieved from databases via JDBC or ODBC drivers. (JDBC only on OS X)
- Delimited Text File – Data can be retrieved from a delimited text file. Supported formats include .csv delimited and tab delimited.
- Two Dimensional Matrix Data – You can link matrices in your model together to drive the data from one matrix to another.
- Web Services / Soap – This data link utilizes SOAP based WebServices to retrieve data.
- XML Data Source – This establishes a link with any source generating well-formed XML. The actual data can come from attributes of an XML element or character data between element tags.
Want to Learn More? Additional Resources
Quantrix Modeler Online Help - provides detailed instructions on using DataLink.
Data Modeling with Quantrix - pre-recorded Webinar provides step-by-step demonstration of DataLink.
DataLink is included with Quantrix Modeler Professional Edition and Professional Plus Edition.