- About Quantrix
- Product Overview
- Quantrix Modeler
- The Quantrix Qloud
- In-Memory Analytics
- Enterprise Integration
- Sample Screenshots
- Customer Success
- Sample Models
- Learning Overview
- Video Demos
- Webinar Series
- Quick Guide
- Online Help
- Modeler Notes
- Mortgage Modification Modeler Note
- Election Tax Model
- Marketing Response Curve Model
- Pivoting Data
- Quantrix in Corporate Budgeting
- Using Expressions in Quantrix
- Performing a Sales Analysis
- Indirect() w/Capex & Depreciation
- Analyzing ARM vs. Fixed Mortgages
- Integrated Financials Models
- Leveraging the @ and # Operators
- Using Circular References
- Converting Spreadsheets to Quantrix
- Using Functions with Black-Scholes
- Using Statistical Functions
- Using Quantrix in Capital Budgeting
- Working with Scenario Categories
Lesson Eight: Printing and Exporting Models
Quantrix offers many ways to present and share your models with others who may or may not have Quantrix installed. Continuing with the model you have built up to this point, you will now learn how to present your model in a variety of ways.
Printing the Model
You can print Quantrix models to any standard ink jet or laser printer.
- Step 1. Make Sales Projection Chart larger
- Maximize the Sales Projection chart, click on the graph in the chart, and place the mouse over the resize handles. Drag the resize arrows to make the chart bigger. Move the legend so it doesn’t “sit” on the chart area.
- Open the Format Toolbox by choosing Format > Format Toolbox from the menu. Click on the chart and then open the Title section of the format toolbox. In the Expression box, add the text, “WIDGETS PER REGION”.
- Click File > Page Setup. On the Header / Footer Tab, click on the drop-down Header list. Select Header1. Click the Edit button. Click in the “Left” box and then click the "View Name" button to insert the view name into the header. Click OK. Click on the drop down Footer list. Select Footer1. Click the Edit button. In the “Center” box, click the Date button. Click OK. Click OK again to clear the Page Setup panel.
- Click File > Page Setup. On the Page tab, change the Filter to Print Current Result. Under Scaling, select "Fit On 1 page(s) across by 1 page(s) down (1x1)". Click OK to clear the Page Setup panel.
- Click File > Print Preview. Review and close Print Preview.
Export to Excel®
Quantrix can easily export its matrices to an Excel® (.xls) file. The exported file in Excel® is a working model file containing the Quantrix structure, data and formulas.
- Step 1. Export the model to Excel®
- Click File > Export > Excel Document. The export wizard should come up. Select the matrices you want to export, and click Next. Select the order of the matrices to be exported and click Next. Lastly, select Export formulas for cells and check to open Excel when completed. Click Finish.
- Note that each matrix is placed on a separate sheet in Excel®. The master sheets contain the formulas while the view sheets represent the matrices and views in the model.
Quantrix can copy and paste Matrices and Charts to popular presentation programs like Microsoft Word® and Microsoft PowerPoint®.
- Step 1. Copy the Chart
- Open the Sales Projections chart view. Click on the Chart itself, then click Edit > Copy View.
- Open Word®. Select File > Page Setup and change your page orientation to Landscape. Click OK. Select Edit > Paste Special. In the Paste Special Dialog box, select Paste and choose the image format desired. Chart is now pasted in Word®.