- About Quantrix
- Product Overview
- Quantrix Modeler
- The Quantrix Qloud
- In-Memory Analytics
- Enterprise Integration
- Sample Screenshots
- Customer Success
- Sample Models
- Learning Overview
- Video Demos
- Webinar Series
- Quick Guide
- Online Help
- Modeler Notes
- Mortgage Modification Modeler Note
- Election Tax Model
- Marketing Response Curve Model
- Pivoting Data
- Quantrix in Corporate Budgeting
- Using Expressions in Quantrix
- Performing a Sales Analysis
- Indirect() w/Capex & Depreciation
- Analyzing ARM vs. Fixed Mortgages
- Integrated Financials Models
- Leveraging the @ and # Operators
- Using Circular References
- Converting Spreadsheets to Quantrix
- Using Functions with Black-Scholes
- Using Statistical Functions
- Using Quantrix in Capital Budgeting
- Working with Scenario Categories
The Quantrix Webinar Series comprises live and recorded webinars designed to show customers how they can achieve business success and maximize return on their Quantrix investment. Hosted by Quantrix Experts, Live Webinars are interactive and offer an opportunity to ask questions specific to your business challenges. The recorded webinars offer you the opportunity to view at your convenience. New Webinar topics are frequently being introduced so check back regularly for scheduled offerings. Please feel free to send us your feedback and ideas for new topics. Please note: You may need the GoToMeeting codec to view certain recorded webinars. The codec can be downloaded at the following link: GoToMeeting Codec.
- Quantrix Qloud and version 5.1 Sneak Peek
- Quantrix Modeler 5 Overview
- Best Practices for 'What if' Scenarios
- Business Modeling Best Practices
- Quantrix Modeler Overview
- Scripting with Quantrix Modeler
- Distributed Budgeting and Planning with Quantrix
- University Budgeting and Planning
- Analyzing Business Performance with DataNAV
- The Forecasting Value Chain
- Business Modeling with Quantrix Modeler
- Improved Forecasting and Planning with Advanced Formulas
- Improved Budgeting with Quantrix
- Pivoting Data with Quantrix
- Data Modeling with Quantrix
- Integrated Financials with Quantrix
Quantrix Modeler 5 Overview
This recorded webinar provides an overview of the new features and enhancements that are available with Quantrix Modeler 5. The new version includes support for multi-threaded calculations, improved charting and visualization capabilities, and user interface enhancements, to name just a few.
>>Click to watch the Recorded Webinar
Best Practices for 'What if' Scenarios
This webinar demonstrates the Quantrix Presentation Canvas and shows best practices for creating "what if" scenarios that support better decision-making by providing insights on-the-fly. As we've seen with the fluctuations and uncertainty in global and local economies, What if analysis has become even more important as business professionals seek to understand possible future outcomes based on things they can't control such economic growth rates, and things they can control, like hiring or reducing staff, introducing new products, adjusting pricing, and allocating assets.
>>Click to watch the Recorded Webinar (may require download of the Webex ARF viewer)
Quantrix Modeler Overview
This informative webinar demonstrated the following new features and enhancements available with Quantrix Modeler:
Script Manager: This feature enables users to create libraries of scripts that can be easily shared with their other models, as well as improvements to user interface controls and auto-complete functions.
Hyperlinks and Images in Cells: users can incorporate hyperlinks within the cells of their models to external URLs, to another location within the model, or to an external file. In addition, users can place images directly in the cells of their models.
Global Problems Panel: Users now can view all errors, warnings, and conditions within their model from one central location. Models with errors will automatically display a banner prompting users to view the Panel.
>> Click to watch the Recorded Webinar (may require download of the Webex ARF viewer)
Business Modeling Best Practices
This informative webinar discuss and demonstrates the following elements to building high quality models:
Quantrix Modeling Methodology - a structured way of planning your model
Perspectives - the use of perspectives as a modeling tool
Structure - model design and naming considerations
Logic - optimizing formulas, improving clarity, and reducing user error
Data - tips for managing manual inputs, database considerations
Presentation - documenting the model, formatting tips, better canvas building
>> Click to watch the Business Modeling Best Practices Webinar
Scripting with Quantrix Modeler
This recorded Webinar provides real-world examples of Scripting for Quantrix Modeler 4. Learn how to automate processes or create a custom function using this feature available in the new release. The Webinar includes presentations made by two Quantrix customers.
Please note that Quantrix script files as demonstrated in the webinar will not be part of 4.0. Script Menus, Functions and Canvas Buttons will be part of the 4.0 scripting functionality.
>> Click to watch theScripting Webinar.
Distributed Budgeting and Planning with Quantrix
This recorded Webinar includes a review of a large budgeting and planning model highlighting operating schedules, integration to core financials, and multi-dimensionality. It demonstrates the consolidation of budget data from business units to a centralized database and Master Budget Model. It also introduces a currency dimension to the Master Budget Model and illustrate how to manage the local-to-reporting currency transition.
Budgeting and planning with Quantrix combines Quantrix Modeler, DataPush and a database to deliver the following benefits:
* Secure Collaboration
* Rapid Time-to-Answer
* Automated Consolidations
Watch this pre-recorded Webinar in Windows Media Format.
University Budgeting and Planning
Budgetary challenges are requiring universities to rethink every aspect of their financial plans. Do you have the robust financial models your university needs to really understand what drives cash flows? Discover strategies and tactics that will help your institution develop accurate budgets and plans based on dynamic modeling of the key fiscal building blocks: enrollment, revenues, faculty and staff expenditures, capital expenditures and endowment funds. Featuring higher education consultant and author, Bill Massy, and Quantrix Professional Services Manager, Steven Bailey, this Webinar will help you:
• Identify and employ key drivers and “what if” scenarios for dynamic and accurate budgeting and planning
• Uncover the risks and limitations facing most universities in a changing environment, and
• Learn how to implement a distributed budgeting and planning system with Quantrix.
The Webinar will include a demonstration of an Enrollment Planning model that integrates with a consolidated budget model.
View the Recorded University Budgeting and Planning Webinar
Analyzing Business Performance with DataNAV
This recorded Webinar demonstrates how Quantrix software can help business users employ their data to answer the questions of what happened to their business during a challenging and tumultuous year. Participants will learn:
+ How to set up data sources in a Quantrix library
+ How to build an ad hoc analysis with DataNAV
+ How to use visualization to identify trends and exceptions
+ How to use the analysis to create a model for forward-focused planning
Watch this pre-recorded Webinar in Windows Media Format
This webinar reviews the Quantrix 3.1 for OS X application. The technical requirements for Quantrix 3.1 for OS X are:
- Mac computer with an Intel-based 64bit processor
- Java 10.4.5+
- Java 1.6 64bit for OS X
During the webinar, you will learn:
- New Quantrix Modeler for OS X features
- How to create interactive presentations and dashboards
- How to purchase or upgrade to the latest version
OS X users can download the free open source VLC Player to view the Windows Media file.
- What is the Forecasting Value Chain
- How to create a unit sales forecast with Forecast Pro
- How to create a financial forecast in Quantrix
- How to import Forecast Pro data into Quantrix with DataLink
- See the effect of forecast changes on an integrated set of financials
During this introductory webinar, you will learn the following:
- Basic navigation and modeling techniques
- Three key differences between Quantrix and Excel spreadsheets
- How international consultancy improved modeling agility while saving customer thousands of dollars
- How Fortune 100 financial services company reduced number of formulas from over 1 Million to just over 100
During the Improved Forecasting and Planning with Advanced Formulas webinar, you will learn the following:
- Consolidate database data and summarize units sold across product lines, months and years with the “Using As” function.
- Calculate depreciation for assets across different asset classes with varying depreciable lives using the “Select” function.
- Calculate year on year projected wage growth across multiple departments with recursion formulas.
- Summarize balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statements from several company model files into one summary model with inter-model formulas.
During the Improved Budgeting with Quantrix Modeler webinar, you will learn the following:
- Key Features which make Quantrix a better budgeting solution
- Quantrix Budgeting techniques
- How a controller reduced time and error in developing budgets
- How major European Telecom improved cost awareness with Quantrix
Watch this pre-recorded webinar now on your computer in Windows Media format (.wmv file format / 93MB / 56 min playing time) You can also download the completed version of the pivot model used in the Webinar.
- 3 Key differences between pivoted data in a spreadsheet vs. Quantrix
- How to pivot data from a tabular data source containing tax assessment information
- How pivoting applies to all aspects of building Quantrix Models
- How Quantrix users are using pivoted data in their day to day modeling tasks
Watch this pre-recorded webinar now on your computer in Windows Media format (.wmv file format / 44MB / 48 min playing time) or Real Media Format ( .rmvb format / 156MB / 48min playing time). You can also download the completed version of the pivot model used in the Webinar.
During the Data Modeling with Quantrix Webinar, you will learn the following:
- Basic navigation and modeling techniques
- How non-technical Quantrix users can employ the DataLink SQL Wizard to quickly and easily import data from their other business applications.
- Step-by-step building of forecasting and analysis scenarios using historical sales data.
- How a Fortune 100 customer is using Quantrix and DataLink to address their ever-changing and expanding modeling requirements.
During the Integrated Financials webinar, you will learn the following:
- Build a set of integrated Balance Sheet, Income and Cash Flow statements.
- Build in assumptions for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Layer in a depreciation and amortization schedule.
- Learn about real world examples showing the benefits of using Quantrix to model business activity.
Watch this pre-recorded webinar now on your computer in Windows Media format (.wmv file format / 51MB / 1hr 19min playing time) or Real Media Format. (.rmvb format / 172MB / 1hr 19min playing time) You can also download the completed version of the Integrated Financials model used in the Webinar.